BUSINESS STRATEGY & OPERATIONS MANAGER
Experience in similar role in Consulting, Software, Cloud, e-Commerce or other client-facing Service sector REQUIRED
iStrat Solutions Inc. help clients solve their most complex business and technical issues. As the Business Strategy & Operations Manager, you will contribute to the managed services operations of our growing company as we focus on our Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) clients. You will also take a leading role in interactions with our large clients.
Reporting to the CEO, the Business Operations & Strategy Manager acts as a dynamic resource who actively helps the CEO, and the Operating Directors drive operational improvements, design/implement KPIs and balanced scorecards, accelerates strategic projects, builds and refines business cases, completes complex client-based business proposals, supports the implementation of robust management systems, and completes other strategic duties as assigned.
This role requires a multi-dimensional, multi-tasking individual with the ability to meet aggressive deadlines with multiple, parallel, complex enterprise projects. Success in this role requires strong financial acumen, outstanding communications skills, agility, pragmatism, good instincts, and the ability to influence and motivate.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain full visibility into, and understanding of, the entire iStrat Portfolio at all times
- Act as a “business value accelerator” by joining project teams to augment the teams or close potential talent gaps among team members. E.g., drive improved business case development; refine project charters; drive better decision-making; keep CEO and Operational Directors apprised of issues; have insights as to looming or potential risks
- Attend meetings with, and in many circumstances, on behalf of the CEO and Operational Directors. Meeting role can vary from chair, scribe, facilitator, to active participant
- Participate in strategic discussions, decision-making, and the active implementation of key initiatives
- Prepare, edit, or augment presentation, pre-reads, full PowerPoint decks, white papers, and business case materials to be sent to the executive team, sponsors, and other audiences
- Coordinate with directors to ensure strategic goals are achieved and effectively communicated to executives and sponsors
- Assist in the preparation of business cases, Project Proposals, and other strategy materials
- Build and maintain productive and highly collaborative relationships with directors
- Take ownership of special projects and perform other related duties as assigned by management
- Adhere to established policies and procedures
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, the person must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Strong business acumen with a solid understanding of the business environment
- Ability to clearly understand the business objectives and operations performance drivers
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills; must be comfortable communicating with senior level management
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and prioritize various deliverables
- Ability to work independently, but also as a part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills: credible; consistent; active listening; confident but fully cognizant of one’s own strengths versus development needs
WORK EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED
- 3 years of related experience
- Experience in a similar role in a Consulting, e-Commerce or Software or Service focused industry
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Finance
- Preferred: Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business
- Leading and Developing
- Business Acumen and Straight Talk
- Customer First Focus
- Inclusion and Collaboration
Email your application to email@example.com. Please insert “Business Strategy & Operations Manager” in Subject Line
Thanks to all our applicants. Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted for further discussions!